Static CMS is an open source content management system for your Git workflow that enables you to provide editors with a friendly UI. You can use it with any static site generator to create faster, more flexible web projects. Content is stored in your Git repository alongside your code for easier versioning and the option to handle content updates directly in Git.
At its core, Static CMS is an open-source React app that acts as a wrapper for the Git workflow, using the GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket APIs. This provides many advantages, including:
- Fast, web-based UI: With rich-text editing, real-time preview, and drag-and-drop media uploads.
- Platform agnostic: Works with most static site generators.
- Easy installation: Add two files to your site, hook up the backend by including those files in your build process or linking to our Content Delivery Network (CDN) and call
- Modern authentication: Using GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket and JSON web tokens.
- Flexible content types: Specify an unlimited number of content types with custom fields.
- Fully extensible: Create custom-styled previews, UI widgets, editor plugins, pages, etc.
- Get a feel for the UI in the demo site. (No login required. Click the login button to go straight to the Static CMS editor UI.)
- Start with a template to make a Static CMS-enabled site of your own.
- Configure your existing site by following a tutorial or checking configuration options.
- Ask questions and share ideas in the Static CMS community chat.
- Get involved in new developments and become a contributor.